• I will practice good sportsmanship.
• I will act in ways that bring respect to me, my coaches, my team, and Special Olympics. I will not use bad language.
• I will not swear or insult other persons.
• I will not fight with other athletes, coaches, volunteers, or staff.
TRAINING AND COMPETITION
• I will train regularly.
• I will learn and follow the rules of my sport.
• I will listen to my coaches and the officials and ask questions when I do not understand. I will always try my best during training, divisioning, and competitions.
• I will not “hold back” in preliminary competition just to get into an easier finals competition division.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY ACTIONS
• I will not make inappropriate or unwanted physical, verbal, or sexual advance on others.
• I will not smoke or use vaping products (e-cigarettes, etc.) in non-smoking areas, including all Special Olympics training and competition venues.
• I will not use or be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs (including cannabis products) at Special Olympics events. I will not take drugs for the purpose of improving my performance.
• I will obey all laws and Special Olympics rules, the International Federation and the National Federation/Governing Body rules for my sport (s).
• I understand that if I do not obey this Code of Conduct, I will be subject to a range of consequences by my Program or a Games Organizing Committee (GOC) for a World Games up to and including not being allowed to participate.